- In the USA, the only neurological problem more common than back pain is headaches.
- Back pain is the second most popular cause of a doctor’s visit. Colds/influenza is the most popular reason for a doctor’s visit.
- Most people, at some point, will have a lower back pain issue that hurts their life quality.
- Low back pain, in particular, costs the USA American economy anywhere from 50 to 100 billion each year.
- Back pain is the third most popular reason why a USA American goes to the emergency room.
- 149 million workdays in the USA are lost each year because of back pain.
- Complimenting that, there is no job-related disability more prevalent than back pain
- Back pain has been causing humans grief for our entire existence on earth. There’s evidence of back pain records dating all the way back to ancient Egypt.
My personal takeaway from this is that back pain is extremely prevalent and it sure isn’t a new development in human history.
Ending Back Pain 5 Powerful Steps To Diagnose, Understand, and Treat Your Ailing Back
by Jack Stern, M.D., PH.D